Code of Conduct
Parent's ResponsibilitiesThis code of conduct is duplicated on the TSA registration form. The parent / guardian must initial this form at the time of registration.
1. Children have more need for example than for criticism. Attempt to relieve the pressure of the competition, not increase it. A child is easily affected by outside influences.
2. Be kind to your child’s coach and officials. The coach is a volunteer, giving of personal time and money to provide a recreational activity for your child.
3. The opponents are necessary friends; without them your child could not participate.
4. Applaud good plays by your team and by members of the opposing team.
5. Do not openly question an official’s judgment and honesty. Officials are symbols of fair play, integrity, and sportsmanship.
6. Accept the results of each game. Encourage your child to be gracious in victory, and to turn defeat into victory by working towards improvement.
7. Remember your child is involved in organized sports for their enjoyment, NOT YOURS!
8. Encourage your child to always play by the rules.
9. Teach your child that honest effort is as important as victory so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
Safety FirstThe Association follows the philosophy of the National Weather Service for games AND PRACTICE.
Use the 30-30 rule: where visibility is good and there is nothing obstructing your view of the thunderstorm. When you see lightning, count the seconds until you hear thunder. If that time is 30 seconds or less, the thunderstorm is within 6 miles and is dangerous. Seek shelter immediately. The threat of lightning continues for much longer than most people realize. Wait at least 30 minutes after the last clap of thunder before leaving shelter. Don't be fooled by sunshine or blue sky!
* Disbanding practice isn't good enough. If they are out on the field still playing around they are still in danger!
Coaches found to be violating this policy for practices will be sanctioned accordingly. Let's keep our children safe!